1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 scallions, chopped, plus more for garnish
1 and 1/2 cups Arborio rice
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
4 cups hot vegetable stock
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. In a deep sauté pan over medium-low heat, melt the butter and oil.
2. Add the scallions and cook, stirring frequently until softened, about 2-5 minutes or so.
3. Add the rice and cook for one minute.
4. Increase the heat to medium-high, and add the white wine and mustard, stirring until completely absorbed.
5. Stirring constantly, add the hot vegetable stock, one cup at a time, adding each cup after the previous is completely absorbed. Cook the rice until it is al dente (mine took about 20 minutes of old-fashioned stirring)
6. Add the cheese and stir gently until completely melted.
7. Divide the risotto evenly among your serving bowls and top with scallions, if desired.